Academic Advising & Scheduling
Course catalogs, selection sheets, pacing, sequencing, process guides, and more
HHS Rising 9th Grade Parent Night
HMS held the HHS Rising 9th Grade Parent Night on Thursday, January 14th from 6:00-7:00. A recording of this event will be posted soon.
HMS Curriculum Night
Rising 7th and 8th grade parents and guardians are invited to attend the HMS Curriculum Night on Thursday, February 4th from 5:30-7:30. There will be an early bird session for ESOL and SPED parents and guardians which will begin at 5:30. With any questions, please contact our Director of Student Services, Shirnesha Simpkins Church.
Mathematics Academic Sequence of Courses K-12
Please feel free to review the mathematics academic sequence here to see what courses you can expect your child to take through 12th grade.
Course Selection Sheets will be provided by our Student Services Department.
- View a sample of the 7th Grade Course Selection Sheet: English | Spanish
- View a sample of the 8th Grade Course Selection Sheet: English | Spanish
- View a sample of the 9th Grade Course Selection Sheet: HHS%20Course%20Selection%20Sheet%2021-22SY%20-%209th%20Grade.pdf
- View a sample of the 9th Grade Course Selection Planning Sheet: HHS%20Course%20Selection%20Planning%20Worksheet%2021-22SY%20-%20Rising%209th%20Grade%20.pdf
Academic Advising Presentations
Student Instructions to input course requests in SIS StudentVUE
Math Pacing and Sequencing
2020-2021 Academic Advising Dates
Academic advising will happen between January 6th and February 26th. Please make sure you have a SIS Parent Vue account to monitor online. Call the main office at 703-904-4800 if you need assistance with getting access.
● January 6th - Herndon High School counselors will present to all rising 9th graders during fourth period advisory. Students were given their course selection sheet guides.
● January 12th--February 5th: Counselors will provide an overview of what to expect next year and inform students of their course options and how to input courses in student vue. Students will receive course selection sheets and google forms.
● January 25th--February 5th: Students will submit Google form course selection sheets via their fcpsschools.net Gmail accounts.
● January 26th: Counselors School will present to all rising 8th graders during fourth period advisory. Students will have an opportunity to receive their course selection sheet and google form.
● January 26th--February 27th: Counselors will meet with students (individually), during their Health and PE class, to finalize their course selections on-line through SIS.
- Parents and guardians are encouraged to review their child’s selected courses through the on-line portal in SIS. Selections are only able to be made through the student’s SIS account.
● March 13th: Students course selections will be locked in SIS. Final selections must be complete prior to this date.