Academic Advising & Scheduling
Course catalogs, selection sheets, pacing, sequencing, process guides, and more
HMS Curriculum Night
Parents and guardians, Curriculum Night was on January 16 from 6:30-7:45. There were ESOL and SPED parent meetings which begin at 6. With any questions, please contact our Director of Student Services, Karyn Niles. You may review the slides from this presentation here.
Mathematics Academic Sequence of Courses K-12
Please feel free to review the mathematics academic sequence here to see what courses you can expect your child to take through 12th grade.
Course Selection Sheets will be provided by our Student Services Department.
- View a sample of the 7th Grade Course Selection Sheet: English | Spanish
- View a sample of the 8th Grade Course Selection Sheet: English | Spanish
Academic Advising Presentations
Student Instructions to input course requests in SIS StudentVUE
Math Pacing and Sequencing
2019-20 Academic Advising Dates
Academic advising will happen between January 14th and February 21st. Please make sure you have a SIS Parent Vue account to monitor online. Call the main office at 703-904-4800 if you need assistance with getting access.
● January 9th and 10th - Herndon High School counselors will present to all rising 9th graders during PE class. Students were given their course selection sheets.
● January 16th and 21st - Counselors provided an overview of what to expect next year and inform students of their course options. Students were given their course selection sheets.
● January 30th - Paper copies of course selection sheets, with guardian signature, are due to science teachers.
● February 3rd -7th – Science teachers will lead lessons to help students input classes.
● February 10th -27th - Counselors will meet with students (individually), during their science class, to finalize their course selections on-line through SIS.
- Guardians are encouraged to review their child’s selected courses through the on-line portal in SIS. Selections are only able to be made through the student’s SIS account.
● March 13th- Students course selections will be locked in SIS. Final selections must be complete prior to this date.