HMS Night Hawk
September 24, 2018 - May 31, 2019 | 2:25 - 5:00pm
CAPITAL ONE CODERS is a partnership with Capital One in which they come over and teach our students software development. This includes learning how to create games and other apps for cell phones and tablets. This program took place at Herndon Middle School last year. After all their hard work, the students are able to showcase their software at the Capital One HQ in Tysons, VA. The students learn a lot and have a lot of fun in the process!
Although Capital One Coders is not coming back to HMS this year, we GREATLY appreciate all of their support! They are providing great programs to other Middle Schools in Fairfax County!
What is Night Hawk?
Night Hawk is our After School Program held at Herndon Middle School. This free program provides a mixture of diverse academic and non-academic supervised activities to our students. Students have the option to choose what they would like to do after school as well as the ability to try different activities daily. Students are also able to get a free snack while attending!
Based on research, there are a lot of positive outcomes that come from staying after school:
- Increased classroom participation, homework completion and academic performance
- Improved student behavior
- Better student/adult relationships, peer relations, and emotional adjustment
- Improved school attendance
- More positive attitudes towards school
- Reduced high-risk behavior
- Increased participation in healthy recreational activities
- Increased school, family, and community partnerships
How do I sign up?
1. Complete a registration from with your parent/guardian.
2. Choose what Night Hawk program you would like to attend AND tell you parent/guardian.
3. Stay after school!