NIGHT HAWK: HMS After-School
September 11, 2023 - May 31, 2024 | 2:15 - 5:00 PM
2023-24 School Year Information
Night Hawk is a program for all current HMS Students.
- There's no cost to attend! A parent/guardian must complete a Night Hawk Registration.
- Super Snacks are available every day during Night Hawk for free.
- Students don't have to come daily. They only participate when they are interested in an activity or need to see a teacher for Hawk Help (Teacher Academic Support).
- Activities are available Monday - Friday, but Late Buses are only available Monday - Thursday.
- Students can create Night Hawk activities for the school year! Contact Mr. Fuller if you have an activity idea.
Activities begin Monday, September 11th! View the links below for additional information!
FUN FACT: Why Stay After School?
- Increased classroom participation, homework completion and academic performance
- Improved student behavior
- Better student/adult relationships, peer relations, and emotional adjustment
- Improved school attendance
- More positive attitudes towards school
- Reduced high risk behavior
- Increased participation in healthy recreational activities
- Increased school, family, and community partnerships
- Chronic Absenteeism and Participation in After-School: In the 21-22 school year across the school division, 96% of those middle school students who were chronically absent (missing 18, or more, days of school) attended less than 30 days of after-school.
- Contact Mr. Fuller, the After-School Program Specialist (contact information below)
The Middle School After-School Program at this site is jointly sponsored by Fairfax County Neighborhood and Community Services and Fairfax County Public Schools and is exempt from licensure as per §22.1-289.030 of the Code of Virginia with no direct oversight by the Virginia Department of Education.
Fairfax County Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to all clubs and activities.