Night Hawk: Herndon Middle School's After-School Program
September 23, 2019 - May 29, 2020 | Mondays - Fridays | 2:15 - 5:00pm
NIGHT HAWK PROMO VIDEO
Night Hawk Details & Documents
WHO CAN ATTEND: All current HMS Students. Night Hawk is FREE to attend w/ a SIGNED REGISTRATION (below).
- Additional information can be found on the Night Hawk Student/Family Handbook
- Night Hawk Registration Form
WHAT ACTIVITIES ARE OFFERED?
- Academics/Teacher Support
- Leadership Development
- Community Service/Service Learning
- Critical Thinking
- Team Building
- Personal, Academic & Career Development
- AND EVEN MORE!
LATE BUSES are available Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
THE BENEFITS OF STAYING AFTER
Based on research, there are a lot of positive outcomes that come from staying after school:
- Increased classroom participation, homework completion and academic performance
- Improved behavior
- Better student/adult relationships, peer relations, and emotional adjustment
- Improved school attendance
- More positive attitudes towards school
- Reduced high-risk behavior
- Increased participation in healthy recreational activities
- Increased school, family, and community partnerships
SUMMER PROGRAMS FOR HMS STUDENTS
DUE TO CURRENT EVENTS, ALL REGISTRATIONS ARE ON HOLD UNTIL SUMMER UPDATES ARE PROVIDED BY FCPS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE! #HMSCan
Take a look at our Summer 2020 offerings for Herndon MS Students.
2020 VIP Program | June 29 - July 29 @ Longfellow Middle School | Registration Information
2020 Summer Bridge Academy | July 6 - 24 @ Herndon Middle School | Registration Information
2020 Jump Start | July 28 & 29 or July 30 & 31 | Rising 7th Grade Registration (English) | Rising 7th Grade Registration (Spanish) | Volunteer Application (Current MS/HS Students) (Link will open on April 3)
2020 Hawks2Hornets Program (for Rising HHS Freshmen) | August 3-7 @ Herndon High School | Registration (English) | Registration (Spanish)