Herndon Middle School is a community of teachers, administrators, students and parents that strive to create a rigorous academic program to meet the needs of our diverse student body. We will accomplish this goal through Collaborative Learning Teams and the use of multi-dimensional teaching methods using standards based learning and grading.
The mission of Herndon Middle School is to educate each student and promote their individual growth.
We Believe in Our Children
- Each child is important and entitled to the opportunity to realize his or her fullest potential.
- High expectations promote high achievement.
We Believe in Our Teachers
- Effective teachers are essential to student success.
- Learning occurs best when the instruction is tailored to individual needs.
We Believe in Our Public Education System
- Adults and children thrive in a vibrant, safe, enriching, and respectful environment.
- A well-rounded education enables students to lead fulfilling and culturally rich lives.
- An educated citizenry is critical to sustaining our economy and our system of self-governance.
We Believe in Our Community
- A dynamic partnership among students, parents, teachers, staff members and the community is critical to exceptional student achievement.
- Our diversity creates resilient, open, and innovative citizens of the global community.