Academic Advising & Scheduling
Course catalogs, selection sheets, pacing, sequencing, process guides, and more
HMS Curriculum Fair Website
Herndon Middle School Curriculum Fair resources will be available on our website asynchronously beginning January 28th.The website will feature a recorded presentation of our academic advising overview featuring curriculum resources as well as core and elective course video presentations. There will also be an option for parents to submit questions via a google form after reviewing the asynchronous materials. Please contact our Director of Student Services, Shirnesha Simpkins Church, with any questions about this virtual resource.
Mathematics Academic Sequence of Courses K-12
Please feel free to review the mathematics academic sequence here to see what courses you can expect your child to take through 12th grade.
Course Selection Sheets will be provided by our Student Services Department.
- View the 7th Grade Course Selection Sheet: English | Spanish
- View the 8th Grade Course Selection Sheet: English | Spanish
- View the 9th Grade Course Selection Sheet: English
- View the 9th Grade Course Selection Planning Sheet: English
Academic Advising At A Glance Overview
View the Rising 9th Grade Academic Advising Timeline Sheet: English
View the Rising 8th Grade Academic Advising Timeline Sheet: English
View the Rising 7th Grade Academic Advising Timeline Sheet: English
Academic Advising Presentations
Student Instructions to input course requests in SIS StudentVUE
Math Pacing and Sequencing
2022-2023 Academic Advising Dates
● January 5th- HHS Curriculum Fair! Parents of current 8th graders are encouraged to visit the Herndon High School Virtual Curriculum website to learn more about 9th grade course offerings and options. Click here to visit the HHS Virtual Curriculum Fair resources.
● January 11th - Academic advising curriculum lessons will be delivered by HHS and HMS counselors on Tuesday, January 11th during 4th period advisory. Students will receive an electronic copy of their course selection sheets and/or google forms. Please make sure you have a SIS Parent Vue account to monitor student course requests online. Call the main office at 703-904-4800 if you need assistance with getting access to your Parent Vue account.
● January 18th- January 25th: Students will submit Google form course selection sheets via their fcpsschools.net Gmail accounts. Students will also input course request in SIS.
● January 28th- February 28th HMS Curriculum Fair! - All families are welcome to view the asynchronous Curriculum Fair resources to learn more about the course options for rising 7th and rising 8th graders.
● January 25th--February 28th: Counselors will meet with students (individually), during their History and Civics classes, to finalize their course selections on-line through SIS.
- Parents and guardians are encouraged to review their child’s selected courses through the on-line portal in SIS. Selections are only able to be made through the student’s SIS account.
● March 8th: Students course selections will be locked in SIS. Final selections must be complete prior to this date.