Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.2/25 and 2/26 are Asynchronous Days
Thursday 2/25 Odd Day and Friday 2/26 Even Day will be Asynchronous Assignment Days for Herndon Middle School Students. Teachers will post assignments on the Google Classroom Sites. These days are designated preparation days for FCPS Secondary teachers to prepare for hybrid in person and virtual concurrent instruction.Concurrent Classrooms Orientation
During Fourth Period today, 2/24, students heard about the plans for our upcoming hybrid instructional model. The slide show is posted for future reference on our Grade Level Google Classrooms and we asked teachers to post the presentation as well. The students heard about what to expect when their classrooms are a mix of in person and virtual and they learned what supplies are needed for the in person students when it is their day to come to school. We also included best practices for devices and shared our Away for the Day phone policy. As we go through the next few weeks, we will have several orientations for students and continue to post them for future reference. Check in with your student to learn more.Return to School In person- Bus Information
Students returning to school in person, have now received their transportation information through their FCPS student email!
Bus information can also be view on studentvue/ parentvue.Herndon Middle School is an Away for the Day School
In person students will need to keep phones off and away from the time they enter the building until the end of the school day.Picture day Monday March 1st
Missed picture day last Monday? Not a problem sign up for picture day this coming monday!
Date: Monday March 1, 2021
Time: 7am – 2pm
- Make appointment here!!: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B0E4BADAB2CA7FC1-herndon1
Location: HMS Big Gym
Procedures (see the map above):
- Families driving in park in the side staff parking lot.
- Students check in at the Health/Appointment table in auditorium lobby
- Students will need to enter the building on their own for photos.
- Students enter and exit through Door #2 by the auditorium.
***Note: Due to COVID-19 protocols, all students must wear a face mask and practice social distancing. Parents/guardians will also be asked to wait at parking lot while students are taking their picture.
Parents can pre-order their student’s pictures by visiting https://www.barksdalestorefront.com/shop/login/?ac=0037360
- Enter code 0037360.
- View flyer for more details
Herndon Middle School PTA is supporting HMS teachers as they prepare for students return. Please consider donation g a few packages of Alcohol Wipes for HMS classrooms!
Families can drop off their donation outside door 1 from 7am-3:30pm and we will start to distribute them into classrooms
Thank you for your support!Calendar Reminders
- Feb. 25 & March 4: FFN Food Pick up (3:30-4:30pm, door 6)
- March 1: Picture Day
- March 3: FCPS Meal Kits pickup (8am-12:30pm, Door 6)
- March 5: 2 hour Early Release
- March 8: Student Holiday
- March 9: Theater Booster Meeting
- March 26: Third Grading Period Ends 2Hour early Release
- March 29- April 2: Spring Break