HMS Kickoff/Open House
August 23rd is our Kick Off/Open House from 4-6pm for all HMS families. (We will not have an orientation in the morning). This window of time (4:00pm to 6:00pm) is for students and parents to come together to:
- Pick up the Kick-Off Packet (Packets will not be mailed home). This packet contains your student’s schedule, bus information, and important forms including the Emergency Care Card, Health Form, etc.
- Use a map and your child’s schedule to walk the building and familiarize yourself with classroom locations. (Teachers will not be present).
- Get information on school programs such as the After School Program, clubs, electives and additional student organizations.
- Learn about how to support and access school and community resources such as Herndon Helping Hands food distribution, our clothing closet and additional student resources.
- Sign up and replenish school accounts: retrieve your ParentVue account in order to monitor your child’s academic progress throughout the year, order P.E. uniforms and add money to your child’s cafeteria account.
- Pick up backpacks and school supplies- to be distributed only to Herndon Middle School students in need of assistance.
- Drop off medications and forms in the Clinic.
- Build community: We will have food trucks out back to allow families to purchase food and get to know other families coming to Herndon MS. Food trucks will also donate a portion of proceeds back to the school.