Back to School Kick Off
Back to School Kick Off Come by Herndon MS on Thursday August 22nd anytime between 3 and 5 pm. (Additional Parking is available at Extended Stay on Elden Street) For easiest access, 8th graders should enter Door 1 or 2 (in the front) and 7th graders should enter through Door 6 (in the back)
- Pick up the Kick-Off Packet (Packets will not be mailed home). 8th grade packets are in the GYM. 7th grade packets are in the cafeteria. Packets contains a draft of student’s schedule, bus information, and important forms including the Emergency Care Card, Health Form, etc.
- Use a map and your child’s schedule to walk the building and familiarize yourself with classroom locations.
- Get information on school programs such as the After School Program, clubs, electives and additional student organizations.
- Learn about how to support and access school and community resources such as Herndon Helping Hands food distribution, our clothing closet and additional student resources.
- Sign up and replenish school accounts: retrieve your ParentVue account in order to monitor your child’s academic progress throughout the year, and add money to your child’s cafeteria account.
- Pick up backpacks and school supplies- to be distributed only to Herndon Middle School students in need of assistance. (link information here)
- Drop off medications and forms with the Clinic, join the PTA
- Build community: We will have food trucks out back (Door 6) to allow families to purchase food and get to know other families coming to Herndon MS. Here is a menu to Urban Poutine, Kona Ice and Pokeman Grill and more!
(Schedules can be accessed on the 22nd in Parentvue and Studentvue. Packets not distributed will be distributed the first day of school)
Questions? Contact Karyn Niles , Director of Student Services, 703-904-4901